Aperitivo in MilanJanuary 26, 2018
Wine Tasting Walk in MilanApril 26, 2020
Calling all foodies!
With its specialty food shops and artisanal products, Padova is a mecca for foodies. There is a strong tradition of eating local and eating well. In the charming historical center of town, many of the artisan food shops and covered market stalls have been run by the same family for generations. The covered food market and nearby squares offer the best products of the Veneto cuisine.
Meet your expert food and wine guide in Piazza delle Erbe to begin your foodie experience. We will eat our way through the main squares enjoying many delicious food and wine tastings. The tastings will vary depending on the season, but typically include local cheeses, prosciutto, seasonal produce, bakery specialties, gelato, coffee and a glass of wine. Learn about the history and production methods of these artisanal products. This tour is for serious foodies and easily replaces lunch!
- Visit the open-air and covered food markets in Padova with your private English-speaking expert in food and wine
- Learn about the history of local specialty food products and their role in the cuisine
- Taste a quality local wine as an aperitivo to wrap up the guided portion of your day
- Personable English-speaking guide, an expert on the local cuisine and wines
- Tastings of 8 local specialties including wine, cheese, meat, gelato, fresh bakery products and coffee
- Insider tips on where to purchase food and wine to bring home
- Detailed information on travelling by train from Venice to Padova
What’s not Included:
- Transportation to meeting point in Padova (30 min. by direct train from Venice)
Meet your expert food and wine guide in Padova in Piazza delle Erbe.
Begin your tour with an authentic Italian espresso or cappuccino. Then move into the open-air market and covered specialty food shops.
Wrap up your culinary experience with a sparkling glass of Prosecco.
“Wine tour from Milan”
my husband and I were in Milan for work in May. With an extra day, we wanted to return to the Amarone wine producing area which we fell in love with on a recent family vacation. Rachel at Milan Day Trips was very helpful in organizing our day and got back to us very quickly…