Gourmet Veneto:5 days/4 nightsFebruary 21, 2017
Wine Geek Week: The best of the Veneto and Friuli 7 days/6 nightsFebruary 21, 2017
of Emilia Romagna
from euro 1.270/person
A pilgrimage into Italy’s culinary heart to discover the secrets of Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma and traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
Enjoy a hands-on cooking class and a visit to a local winery.
Put it all into historical and cultural context with engaging guided visits to
Bologna, Parma and Modena.
- Small group format of a maximum of 8 fellow gourmet enthusiasts
- Accomodations at a charming Agriturismo (country inn) near Modena
- Guided walking tours of Modena, Parma and Bologna
- A visit to a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese producer followed by a cheese tasting
- A tour of the Prosciutto di Parma museum and tasting room in Langhirano
- A winery visit, from vineyard to cellar, where you will meet the winemaker
- A visit to a producer of traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena complete with a tasting
- A hands-on cooking lesson with a local chef
- Memorable meals in classic Slow Food trattorias (all meals during the tour are included)
- English-speaking cheese and wine expert as your guide throughout the tour
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
- 4 nights accommodation at an Agriturismo (country inn) with private bathroom, in a double room, including breakfast
- All transportation of the itinerary by comfortable van or minvan
- Airport transfers to/from Bologna Airport or Train Station
- English speaking support at all times by Venice Day Trips staff, local guides and hotel staff
- All entrance fees and guided visits
- Food and wine visits and tastings
- Cooking lesson at the Agriturismo
- Guided tours of Modena, Parma and Bologna
- All meals with wine, water and coffee included
- Personal wine and food guide
What’s Not Included
- Supplement for accommodations in a single room
- Transfers from airports or cities other than Bologna.
Detailed Day-by-Day Program
Pick up from the Bologna G.Marconi Airport (or Bologna train station), transfer to your accomodations located in the Modena countryside. Welcome lunch at your accommodations. This afternoon we have a guided tour of nearby Modena. Dinner at the Agriturismo.
Breakfast at the agritursimo. This morning is dedicated to the Prosciutto di Parma DOP. We will have a visit and tasting at the Prosciutto museum in Langhirano. After lunch we will drive to the city of Parma, where we will have a guided visit of the historical center and its monuments. After a full day we return to our accomodations to relax before dinner at the agriturismo.
Breakfast at the agritursimo. This morning we head to the small charming town of Vignola, where we visit a producer of the traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena DOP. Next we drive to Bologna, for a special tasting lunch. This afternoon a guided visit of the main sights of Bologna, followed by free time to explore on your own. Dinner at the agriturismo.
An early start this morning to see the production of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese DOP. Learn about the origin of the milk as well as the cheese making and aging process. Our visit will include a tasting! This afternoon we will drive to the Colli Bolognesi, the hills just outside of the city, for a rustic lunch and visit to a local winery. We’ll taste the excellent white and red wines from their cantina.
This evening we will be in the kitchen at the agriturismo for a cooking lesson, learning to make some of the many delicious local specialties. We then taste everything that we have prepared together at our final dinner tonight.
Breakfast at the agriturismo. We check out and transfer Bologna G.Marconi Airport (or Bologna train station).
Connecting you with real places, real people, authentic experiences
Gourmet Emilia Romagna: 5 days/4 nights