White Wines of Piedmont TourApril 25, 2020
Pinot Noir, the prince of
northern Italian wines
from euro 175/person
If Barolo is the king of the wines, Pinot Noir is the Prince. In Italy we can talk about the presence of Pinot Noir since the second half of the nineteenth century. In fact, Lombardy’s Oltrepò, with almost 3000 hectares of Pinot Noir (about 500 of which are for making red wine), is the most important Italian region for this varietal. The winemakers here produce red, white, rose and sparkling wines.
- Private day trip to the Lombardy wine country
- Pick-up and drop-off service from Milan
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable passenger van or car
- English-speaking certified wine expert as your wine guide for the day
- Scenic drive through the hilly Oltrepo’ Pavese valleys
- 2 boutique winery visits, from vineyard to cellar, where you will meet the winemakers
- 2 guided wine tastings of the many Oltrepo’ Pavese varieties including Pinot Noir
- A traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
Wines you will taste on this tour:
- OltrePo pavese doc croatina
- Pinot nero DOC sparkling
- Oltrepo Pinot nero doc
- Barbera doc
This is an example of the wines we typically taste at each winery. The actual selection may vary slightly, however.
Pick-up from your location in Milan.
Arrive at the first winery in the Oltrepo’ Pavese wine area.
Meet the winemaker and learn about the wine making process, followed by a guided wine tasting of the wines they produce.
Traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
A scenic drive to Casteggio to the second winery.
Walk through the vineyards and learn about the production methods for the different expressions of Pinot Noir – sparkling, red and white.
Enjoy a guided tasting of their production.
Leave the OltrePo for the return journey to Milan.
Drop-off at your location at approximately 5:15pm.
“Great Oltrepo Pavese Wine tour”
We were privileged to have a wine tour with Davide, he brought us to two wineries in the Oltrepo Pavese region where, alongside interesting tours, we could also taste great wines…
Pinot Noir of Lombardy Wine Tour