Amarone ExperienceFebruary 14, 2017
Barbaresco Wine TourApril 25, 2020
The king of wines &
the wine of kings
from euro 175/person
Barolo is one of the top red wines of the world, and the pride of Italy’s Piedmont region. Here in the Langhe wine area, the Nebbiolo grape reaches its maximum potential. The winemakers capture every subtle nuance of the grapes in each bottle of Barolo through their meticulous production and aging methods.
- Private day trip to Barolo wine country in Piedmont
- Pick-up and drop-off service from Milan
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable passenger van or car
- English-speaking certified wine expert as your wine guide for the day
- Scenic drive through the beautiful hills of the Langhe
- 2 boutique winery visits, from vineyard to cellar to tasting room
- 2 guided wine tastings of the wines made from the Nebbiolo grape, including Barolo
- A traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
Wines you will taste on this tour:
- Dolcetto d’Alba DOC
- Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC
- Barbera d’Alba DOC
- Barolo DOCG
This is an example of the wines we typically taste at each winery. The actual selection may vary slightly, however.
Pick-up from your location in Milan
Arrive at the first winery in Monforte D’Alba.
Meet the winemaker and learn about the local varietals and wine making process.
A full guided wine tasting of the wines they produce.
Traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
A scenic drive to La Morra to the second winery.
Stroll through the vineyards and then visit the cellar to learn about the Barolo production methods.
Enjoy a guided wine tasting of their production.
Leave the Langhe for your return drive to Milan.
Drop-off at your location at approx. 6:15pm.
“Perfect Barolo wine excursion”
This was one of a few wine tours we did during this visit to Italy and we lived every minute of it. My husband and brother-in-law are huge Barolo drinkers, and this private day trip was just great. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and we learned a lot. The wineries were small and family-run and the wine was outstanding. We really appreciated the personalized service. This tour was recommended by the wine guide we had for Amarone country near Verona.