Barbaresco Wine TourApril 25, 2020
Pinot Noir of Lombardy Wine TourApril 25, 2020
Discover the splendid
white wines Piedmont.
from euro 265/person
Our focus on this special excursion are the white varietals native to the Piedmont region. Discover wines such as Gavi, made from Cortese grapes, and Timorasso, which lends its name to both the varietal and the wine. Grape growing and wine making have been taking place in this quiet corner of Piedmont since ancient Roman times.
- Private day trip to the Barbaresco wine country in Piedmont
- Pick-up and drop-off service from Milan
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable passenger van or car
- English-speaking certified wine expert as your wine guide for the day
- Scenic drive through the wine areas Piedmont surrounding Gavi and Tortona
- 2 boutique winery visits, from vineyard to cellar, where you will meet the winemakers
- 2 guided wine tastings of the local white wines
- A traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
Wines you will taste on this tour:
- Gavi DOCG
- Cortese IGP
- Timorasso DOC
- Barbera di Ovada
This is an example of the wines we typically taste at each winery. The actual selection may vary slightly, however.
Pick-up from your location in Milan.
Arrive at the first winery in the Gavi area.
Meet the winemaker and learn about the wine making process, followed by a guided wine tasting of the wines they produce.
Traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
A scenic drive to Tortona to the second winery.
Walk through the vineyards and learn about the local varietals including the Timorasso grapes.
Enjoy a guided wine tasting the their production.
Depart the wine region of Piedmont for the return drive to Milan.
Drop off at your location at aproximately 6:15pm.
“wine tour from Milan”
my husband and I were in Milan for work in May. With an extra day, we wanted to return to the Amarone wine producing area which we fell in love with on a recent family vacation. Rachel at Milan Day Trips was very helpful in organizing our day and got back to us very quickly…
White Wines of Piedmont Tour