Barolo Wine TourJune 15, 2020
White Wines of Piedmont TourJune 15, 2020
1.000,00€ – 2.120,00€
BARBARESCO WINE TOUR
A special wine tour of the Langhe,
ideal for lovers of robust red wine.
from euro 265/person
Barbaresco is one of the great wines of the Piedmont region in northwestern Italy. Historically it was called Nebbiolo di Barbaresco, as Nebbiolo it the name of the grape varietal used in its production. General Michael von Melas of Austria celebrated his victory over the French in 1799 with a hearty glass of Barbaresco. Barbaresco has changed since then, however, as it wasn’t until the mid 19th Century that it was vinified into a dry style.
- Private day trip to the Barbaresco wine country in Piedmont
- Pick-up and drop-off service from Milan
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable passenger van or car
- English-speaking certified wine expert as your wine guide for the day
- Scenic drive through the beautiful hills of the Langhe
- 2 boutique winery visits, from vineyard to cellar, where you will meet the winemakers
- 2 guided wine tastings of the wines made from the Nebbiolo grape, including Barbaresco
- A traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
For groups of more than 8 people, send us a custom request.
- Dolcetto d’Alba DOC
- Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC
- Barbera d’Alba DOC
- Barbaresco DOCG
This is an example of the wines we typically taste at each winery. The actual selection may vary slightly, however.
Are you a single traveller looking to join a group? Contact us.
PAY ONLY DEPOSIT
- 9:00 am
Pick-up from your location in Milan.
- 10:45 am
Arrive at the first winery in Barbaresco.
Meet the winemaker and learn about the wine making process.
Enjoy a guided wine tasting of the wines they produce.
- 1:00 pm
Traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
- 3:00 pm
A scenic drive to Nieve to the second winery.
Stroll through the vineyards followed by a visit to the cellar to see the Barbaresco vinification.
Conclude your visit with a guided wine tasting of their production.
- 4:30 pm
Leave the Barbaresco wine country for the return drive to Milan.
Drop-off at your location at approx. 6:15pm.